House and Son is a long established Firm and we pride ourselves on Quality Management, and not Quantity.
We offer a friendly and efficient Property Management Service and our experienced team are fully competent in the latest Legislation. Our Bespoke computer system enables us to provide a high Quality Professional Service at a reasonable price.
The Management of your property will be individually tailored to suit all your needs.
All aspects of Block Management are undertaken, including organisation of general maintenance and insurance. Corresponding fully with all Lessees in person, by telephone and in writing, as appropriate. Collection of service charges and ground rent, site visits and meetings with Lessees, as required. Handling Solicitor’s Leasehold Enquiries upon the sale of the property.
A full list of the services we offer as part of the Contract are as follows:
- We are regulated by the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) and therefore able to arrange insurance and handle claims.
- We comply with the code of Residential Management, as approved by the Department of Environment and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- We have a specialist Accounts Department and all monies are kept in separate Bank Accounts.
- We have Professional Indemnity Insurance up to £1,200,000 for each and every claim.
- Awareness of Legislation
- Ensuring compliance with Lease Covenants
- Organising all necessary Health & Safety Assessments, to comply with Legislation (an additional cost may be applicable)
- Attending Directors/Residents meetings, when required
- Dealing with Residents enquiries
- Regular site visits
- Landlord & Tenant Act Notices
- Preparation of Budgets
- Issuing Demands
- Making payments to Contractors
- Debt Collection
- Maintaining and reconciling individual Block Bank Accounts
- Liaising with Accountants in producing year-end Accounts
- Raising ‘Repair Orders’ to Contractors and chasing through to completion of works
- Arranging Contracts as may be required (e.g. lift, fire alarm etc;)
- We have an extensive range of independent reliable Contractors with the appropriate Insurances, References and Risk Assessments in place
- Major works Contracts placed out of tender
- In some cases, we receive an annual fee upon renewal, for arranging the most appropriate Insurance Cover for your Block, through our Specialist Brokers
- Handling the claims process, including obtaining quotations, arranging repairs and all necessary liaisons with the Insurance Company/Loss Adjuster together with making payment to all Contractors at the conclusion of each claim.
Company Secretarial Services (Additional Charge)
- Maintaining Company Books (manual and computerised)
- Convening and attending AGM
- Producing and distributing AGM Minutes
- Completing and filing Annual Returns with Companies House
- Registering Director changes with Companies House
- Ownership/Shareholder changes
We do not have any hidden costs or commissions, nor do we take payment or commission from Contractors. The items listed below are not covered by our annual management fee, and would be chargeable on a previously agreed basis, if required.
- Answering Solicitors enquiries
- Preparation of Regulations/Guidelines/Welcome Pack
- Organising Buildings Insurance Valuations
- Organising repairs and quotations for Brokers, where the insurance is not arranged by House & Son, together with processing any final payment. Administration of policy documents and payment to insurers.
- Administration of major works
- Out of hour meetings
- Building, Surveying and Valuation Services