St. Winifreds Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2

££118,500 Fixed price

2 Bedroom Mill For Sale

House & Son are pleased to offer for sale this well presented two bedroom retirement apartment (occupier of over 60) located in a popular residential area: a short distance from the town centre, (beach & shops) access points into the beautiful Meyrick Park (with its wooded walks and bowling green) and is conveniently located for local bus routes.

Leonard Hackett Court offers outstanding value for money: comprises 36 one and two bed shared equity Leasehold retirement properties (one party must age 60+); surrounded by attractive landscaped gardens with bench seating available to both the front and rear gardens.

The estate is arranged over four floors, with lift access provided. For added convenience the lift goes to the lower ground floor, which provides easy access to the parking area and rear communal garden. A local manager takes care of buildings and grounds maintenance, as well as providing further help and support if required. There is also the added reassurance of Anchor's 24 hour emergency call system, should it ever be needed.

The accommodation is bright and airy and comprises of an entrance hall with large storage cupboards, dual aspect lounge/dining room, a modern fitted kitchen, two bedrooms and a modern shower room. Further advantages include secure communal door intercom system, gas central heating, UPVC double glazed windows, built in wardrobe and a residents parking area (first come first serve availability).

In support of a more affordable purchase, the Lease dictates that the apartment must be offered on a 70% shared equity basis, with no rent payable on the remaining 30%. The fixed purchase price for the share is £118,500 and the property is available with no forward chain.

COMMUNAL HALLWAY Lift & Staircase to all floors, including the lower ground access to the parking areas and rear communal gardens.

ENTRANCE HALL 17' 0" x 7' 2" to 3' 7" (5.18m x 2.18m to 1.09m) Plus Airing Cupboard 5' 10" x 2' 8" & Walk in storage cupboard 6' 3" x 3' 3"

LIVING ROOM 15' 6" x 11' 6" (4.72m x 3.51m)

KITCHEN 11' 5" x 6' 10" (3.48m x 2.08m)

BEDROOM ONE 12' 0" x 10' 9" exc wardrobe (3.66m x 3.28m)

BEDROOM TWO 11' 6" x 6' 2" (3.51m x 1.88m)

SHOWER ROOM 6' 9" x 5' 10" (2.06m x 1.78m)

OUTSIDE - COMMUNAL GARDENS To the rear of the block is an area of lawn with bench seating and mature trees and shrubs. There is also a section of garden provided for drying washing, with communal washing lines.

PARKING A driveway leads from St Winifreds Road to a residents car parking area at the rear where spaces are available on a non allocated first come, first served basis. The driveway also leads to an underground garage area where allocated spaces are available on a waiting list basis.

TENURE & CHARGES Leasehold - From 1 June 1980 to 31 May 2195 - 172 Years Remaining

Approx. £300 per month to include ground rent, services of a house manager, careline system, buildings insurance, water & sewerage charges, gardening, exterior window cleaning (once a month), cleaning and lighting of the communal areas and lift maintenance.

Council Tax Band 'B' = £1,515.30 (2022/23)


AGENTS NOTE In accordance with the Lease, the apartment is being offered at a reduced market value for the 70% equity being acquired; with the remaining 30% being retained by Hanover Property Management Company. We understand that no rent is payable on the Hanover share. One occupier must be age sixty, or over. Please contact House & Son for further information.

Tenure: Leasehold



No EPC available for this property

Arrange a virtual or live viewing

Use this form to request specific information about this property or to arrange a viewing

Office Details

Lansdowne House Christchurch Road

01202 242000

Make an Offer on this Property

If you are interested in this property you can make an offer today.